On our way home from VA Beach, we made a pit stop in Charlottesville, VA home of the University of Virginia and situated in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. We loved this little town! It was in such a beautiful location and had a neat pedestrian mall downtown we explored with lots of restaurants and cool shops. After lunch we headed across town to visit Thomas Jefferson's home, Monticello. I had wanted to visit it for as long as I could remember, and I wasn't disappointed! There was so much to see and explore. The view from the mountain his house sat on top of was spectacular! We had a wonderful time even if the kids might have been a wee bit restless and unruly during our tour :-)
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Monticello
On our way home from VA Beach, we made a pit stop in Charlottesville, VA home of the University of Virginia and situated in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. We loved this little town! It was in such a beautiful location and had a neat pedestrian mall downtown we explored with lots of restaurants and cool shops. After lunch we headed across town to visit Thomas Jefferson's home, Monticello. I had wanted to visit it for as long as I could remember, and I wasn't disappointed! There was so much to see and explore. The view from the mountain his house sat on top of was spectacular! We had a wonderful time even if the kids might have been a wee bit restless and unruly during our tour :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment